What Is It, and Why We Offer ThatThe purpose of pre-purchase consulting is to help you find out
- whether we can help you achieve some of your goals with our products and services.
- if yes, which way will be optimal for achieving your goals.
We are aware that introducing new subsystems in a mission critical system has to be carefully evaluated and planned.
Some of that planning has to be done before making a decision about which products and services to buy and deploy.
That's why we have created our pre-purchase consulting service.
The Value of Pre-purchase Consulting
The value of pre-purchase consulting is:
- You'll gain more insights in how to achieve your goals, no matter whether the result is a purchase decision or not. Even if you decide not to purchase some of our products and services, you will be better equipped to buy from another vendor who may provide a better match for your unique requirements.
- If you come to a purchase decision,
- you'll know that this decision is well-prepared and based on a sound foundation. I.e. you know that what you buy will actually help you achieve your goals.
- You buy the optimal selection and quantity of products and services, that is tailored to your specific needs. That is, you buy only those modules of our products and those services that you actually need, and in the quantity that you actually need.
- Even, if we find out that we cannot deliver value to you, because we cannot match your requirements, then we openly say so. We consider it a successful consulting if we quickly find out that we cannot help you in a good way. (We are only interested in honest, win-win relationships with costumers. See our values.)
How Much Does It Cost?
A certain amount of pre-purchase consulting is free, if you qualify. This is usually up to one hour of phone consulting or exchanging several emails. We can get a lot done in that time, especially
- if you are well-prepared, too,
- and if those people of your company participate who together have
the technical knowledge and the ability to make decisions.
We can split the consulting in two sessions with different people from your organization, if that suits you better. (We know that decision makers get bored with technical details, and that engineers get usually bored with non-technical stuff.)
If you need extensive consulting thats beyond the scope of free pre-purchase consulting, we charge EUR 140 per hour for this service. We are committed to provide you good value for this investment.
Within paid pre-purchase consulting we also provide on-site consulting, if you wish. For on-site consulting we charge for travel cost and travel time in addition to the actual consulting hours.
How to Start
To start your pre-purchase consulting, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following info
- The name of your company
- Your name
- Optional: if you already have questions, please include them.
- Optional: A brief introduction of what your company or your business unit does, or a link to such information.
- Optional: What format you prefer for the consulting, e.g., email, phone or on-site. And/or who from your company will participate at which stage.
Then, we will tell you whether you qualify for some amount free pre-purchase consulting. (If you are a serious company then you will qualify.)
We will also answer any questions from your initial email, and tell you how we can move forward.
How to Prepare Yourself (Optional)
As mentioned above, we'll get more done during pre-purchase consulting if you and us are well-prepared.
To prepare yourself, we have several suggestions:
- You can collect some technical info about your system, for example
- Which operating systems run on the computers that have a human interface such as screens, keyboard, mouse etc.
- How many such computers you have, and how many screens do they have.
- Any special properies of these human machine interfaces
- Anything else which you think to be relevant.
- You can read our list of goals that we can solve with our products and services. Maybe, some of these are also relevant for your unique situation.
You can help us to be better prepared when you provide us with the information which we have marked as "optional" in the "How to Start" section above. We will use that information to prepare ourselves for the consulting.